Saturday, November 28, 2015

Giving Thanks, Receiving Welcome, and Vera

Even though today in particular isn't a great day physically (severe pains from the lower abdomen are resurfacing where pain meds can not reach), I am thankful.

Even though I have lost some steam in my blog the few months, I am thankful.

Even though azzchickens get on my nerves like peanut butter on jelly, I am thankful.

Even though the money is not what it used to be, I am thankful.

Even though the Madamobile may be on her last legs, to the point where she will be sold in 2016, I am thankful.

I just am.  No rhyme or reason, I just am.

It shouldn't take a man made holiday (hell, the day is not even holy, what the fuck?) for me to be reminded how much I am thankful.

The following is something shared on both my personal Facebook page and the TT&V fan page.

I am thankful that I am still alive.

I am thankful for my friends.

I am thankful for my chosen family.

I am thankful for my fans and followers.

I am thankful for Chevrei Tikvah Chavurah.

I am thankful for Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple.

I am thankful for my health, regardless of condition.

I am thankful for my autism.

I am thankful that I have a roof over my head.

I am thankful for the food in my fridge and in my belly.

I am thankful that I have enough clothes to keep me warm this upcoming winter.

I am thankful for my best friends and my BFF.

I am thankful for the folks who fight to keep this nation safe, both at home and abroad.

I am thankful for the folks who made the ultimate sacrifice (uniformed, military, or civilian) to protect me.

I am thankful for the doctors that treat my ailments.

I am thankful for Alternative Solution Car Care.

I am thankful for those who have helped me tremendously this past year.

I am thankful that my blog, This, That, and Vera, has helped at least one person.

I am thankful for Periscope.

I am thankful for Twitter.

I am thankful for Blab.

I am thankful for the Rolling Stones.

I am thankful for Steve Blum.

I am thankful that I can live life without restraint.

I am thankful for the ability to rediscover.

I am thankful for the encouragement to keep going.

I am thankful for the nurses that took care of my surgical wound.

I am thankful for the trips to Dallas and Los Angeles.

I am thankful for the opportunity to pay it forward.

I am thankful for the medicine I take to keep me fully functional.

I am thankful that I still have the Madamobile.

I am thankful that I have not forgotten.

I am thankful that I mean something to someone.

I am thankful that I know so many folks mean something to me.

I am thankful that you are in my life.

I really am thankful.

I love you.

When I say I love you, I say it as if you (whoever you are, and not a general blanket term to describe everyone) were standing in front of me, ready to receive from me the biggest hug of the year. That is how much. Every. Single. Person. Means to me in my life.

Without you, there is no Vera Anna Didenko.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment