Friday, December 4, 2015

Round Two of Their Royal Toothiness, Certified Buzzkills, and Vera

On this past Tuesday, I made a trip to the emergency room because the stomach was, once again, in pain.

After yet another pelvic exam and vaginal ultrasound, the doctors found, get this: TWO NEW CYSTS on my right ovary.

I just had fucking surgery 3 months ago, and apparently the attention was not enough for this toothy bastard?

There is a 3 cm x 5 cm functional (normal) cyst on the ovary, along with a 1 cm x 1 cm dermoid cyst. A baby toothy bastard, how cute.

So yeah, you guessed it: I called this shit eons ago. NOW let's see if the doctors will, oh I don't know, actually listen to me this time and give me the correct treatment. And no more patch jobs!
What I am looking at is, at least, an oophrectomy (ovarian removal). I still want a hysterectomy. The fact that I had a second medical professional now call my uterus "cute" is beyond annoying as hell.

So, here's the rundown of events:

To me, the right ovary stopped functioning (died) in March, when I started to experience amenorrhea for the first time ever.  The dermoid cells either 1) ate up the egg follicles or 2) cockblocked the eggs from being released, therefore the decrease of estrogen was presented.

It only took 9 months, numerous opinions, a stay at the Mental Motel, and several ER trips just to prove that I knew what was going on with my body.

I, in fact, became perimenopausal at age 34.

And when this final ovary gets removed (remember, the left ovary was removed in 2005), it's only going to get worse from here.

My plans to go to New Orleans this month got dashed. Everything is put on hold. Again. While I await my fate. Again.

On the bright side, I have an Amazon Wish List! It will help me produce better content here on my blog as well as on Blab.im when I go on the air.  My 35th birthday is right around a corner; help a brat out, plzkthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment