Monday, June 6, 2016

Major Cleveland Sports Teams, the Game, and Vera

Have you ever wonder why Cleveland has some of the best hospitals in the country?

Because Clevelanders are fat?

Partially, but not entirely true.

Okay. Because Clevelanders are fat and lazy.

No, Clevelanders are not fat and lazy, Dear Reader.  Stop with the shaming,

Shaming?  It's your damn sports teams in that G-d forsaken city of yours the real shame.

I concede.  I will give you that.  But you still didn't correctly answer my question.

Ugh.  Why is it that Cleveland has some of the best hospitals?

In the event that Cleveland ever wins a major sports championship (either the Browns in the NFL, the Indians in MLB, or the Cavaliers in the NBA), so many folks will end up with heart attacks and will end up at all of the emergency rooms across the region.

Haha!  Good one, Vera.

Well, it is true.  It's been over 50 years since a major sports team in Cleveland won a championship.  Hell, that "Believeland" documentary pretty much summed up the perpetual heartache that resides in every single Cleveland sports fan.

So, um, have you given up on the Cavaliers yet?  They are currently down 2-0 to the Warriors.

I shouldn't be, but I am.  I have seen too much heartache over the past 30 years with this city going through high hopes and end with decrescending disappointments.

I have a bad feeling the Cavs are going to be swept by the Warriors.  And with my distorted vision, I can't seem to get myself to a place where the Cavs are going to pull off miracles.

Should the Cavs manage to win four games in a row, and win the series in six games (the sixth game being played here in Cleveland), I will be happy.  To what extent I will be happy depends on how I feel.

Wow, you do really sound like you're broken, Vera.

Maybe that's because I am.  In the words of Lemmy Kilmister, z"l, "it's all about the game and how you play it."

No comments:

Post a Comment