Monday, June 20, 2016

The End of the 52-Year Curse, Dean's Ambrosia, and Vera

Please allow me to introduce this clip. This comes from my Periscope last night where I broadcasted from my phone the moment when the Cleveland Cavaliers won the 2016 NBA Finals.


 

As you can tell, hopefully, this moment was an absolute emotional event in time.  It had been 52 years (since December 1964) since Cleveland's major sports teams (note: this does not include the minor sports teams, like the Cleveland Force, Cleveland Crunch, Cleveland Lumberjacks, and Lake Erie Monsters) has won a world championship).

To put this into perspective, my entry into this planet came almost two weeks after "Red Right 88" occurred. So already, the mood was a miserable one in the Land of the 216.

Add to this epic moment, Dean Ambrose had a hella night at WWE's Money in the Bank PPV (pay-per-view) event. He did two things: 1) he won the actual Money in the Bank ladder match, and 2) he successfully cashed in that briefcase and defeated WWE World Heavyweight Champion (for about 3 minutes) Seth Rollins.

This fanbrat was a happy fanbrat.

Callie, on the other hand, is probably wondering what she ever do to deserve a fanbrat like myself as a pet.  Clearly she doesn't like sports (or me ignoring her for that matter) as she gave me all the business last night when I got home from Downtown Cleveland earlier this morning,

Sorry, babushka koshka.

Okay, maybe I'm not sorry, heh.


No comments:

Post a Comment